Your child can start school in the September prior to their fifth birthday, for example children born between 1.9.15 and 31.8.16 can start school in September 2020. By law children do not have to attend school until the term after their fifth birthday.
In order to help your child settle well at school we:
- Invite you to a meeting in June so that you can hear about our school, visit the Reception classrooms and meet your child’s class teacher.
- Liaise with playgroups and nurseries to communicate with staff about your child’s transition.
- Give you as much information as possible so that you can prepare your child.
- Invite your child to spend time in their new class during June and July.
- Offer you an appointment with your child’s class teacher in July before they start, to explain the Foundation Stage Profile and have an informal chat.
If your child is due to start school in September 2020 and you have chosen Stanley Green Infant Academy you will soon receive information regarding your child’s transition into school.
For further information regarding school admissions, please visit www.poole.gov.uk/schooladmissions for details.