Your child can start school in the September prior to their fifth birthday, for example children born between 1.9.16 and 31.8.17 can start school in September 2021. By law children do not have to attend school until the term after their fifth birthday.
In order to help your child settle well at school we: (due to the current situation around COVID 19, the usual process for starting school as set out below will be different. Parents/Carers will be kept up to date with any changes).
Please take a look at our ‘Welcome to our School’ video (below) and ‘information slideshow’. Welcome To Our School – Information Slideshow
- Invite you to a meeting in June so that you can hear about our school, visit the Reception classrooms and meet your child’s class teacher.
- Visit playgroups and nurseries to talk to staff about your child.
- Give you as much information as possible so that you can prepare your child.
- Invite your child to spend time in their new class during June and July.
- Offer you an appointment with your child’s class teacher in July before they start, to explain the Foundation Stage Profile and have an informal chat.
If your child is due to start school in September 2021, please see our ‘Welcome to Reception’ video and slide show presentation which will hopefully give you all relevant information. Please telephone on 01202 778181 if you require any further information. As soon as we are able to welcome parents/carers into our school again we will update our website with details.
Closing date for applications is midnight 15th January 2021. To register for your child’s school place for September 2021. It is recommended to apply online via your local authority. Please visit www.poole.gov.uk/schooladmissions for more details.